Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hasta la vista October!!

It's been busy...






Signing up for all of this extra-curricular stuff seemed liked a good idea.... in July and August ....when school and homework were not even a thought. But, all of my July and August "brillian plans" sure made for a very busy September and October! Luckily, the calendar is full of lots of fun stuff. Lots, and lots and LOTS of fun stuff!!

When my kids were younger and moms that had older triplets said that as they get older, it doesn't really "get easier", it just "gets different", I didn't believe them. I actually remember thinking that they were either lying, or had really bad memories. I TOTALLY get it now!!

When I go to bed at night, I am exhausted!! Seriously, I am not any less exhausted than when I was chasing 2, or 3, or 4 year olds. I never would have believed it, but life is the same amount "hard" as it was a few years ago. It is definitely different though...I've traded in my days of potty training for days of teaching shoe tying and spelling words. I no longer hear whining about naps, but hear whining about doing homework and not having enough time to just play. I don't have to tell the boys to not open the cabinets over and over again, but I do have to tell them to make their bed/clean their room/use soap in the shower over, and over, and OVER again. We've traded in playdates for Den meetings. And, I thought things were tough a few years ago because we couldn't go anywhere and were home. all. of. the. time. Now, we are NEVER home! It's crazy.

So, that's what has been going us with us. Life is good...busy, but good. :)

Now, Good Night....I'm going to BED!!


4 comments:

Cathy said...

WOW!! Now I can see how busy you were! What's your November like?

~~Mel~~ said...

I can't imagine having somewhere to go every single night...but I did see a date night in there ;)

Good for you!

Tasha said...

I'm still going and going and going after 12 years and I only had 1 for 10 of them. So how many months in advance to we have to get on the calendar?

Jennifer said...

That is one crazy busy calandar... MUCH different than mine since I can't barely take my boys out in public. Good news for bout of us, I did see a man at target the otehr day who has 15 year old triplets... you only have 8 years to go :-).