Friday, January 7, 2011

The Best Thing About the Zoo in January...

...is the animals!!!

No joke, it was really cool to see the animals...up close...without crowding 4 kids into a small spot to see.They were right there...coming to see us!!

I must admit that typically, my favorite part of going to the zoo is the ice cream. I know that is terrible, and please don't tell my kids, but as much as I try to play the role of "animal cheerleader" for the kids...it's just a facade. I'm just really looking forward to the Dove Bar that I reward myself with at the end of the trip.
Going in January is so different. First of all, the ice cream stands are closed. Which is honestly ok, because the animals are beautiful, and fun, and easy to see.

Instead of the ice cream, I have to say that my favorite part of this trip to the zoo was when the seal waved to us. And, there was no mistaken that he was waving to us because we were the only ones there!!The boys and their friends had a good time too.
Yeah, a good time playing "hat-ball", which is a lot like football.

And, climbing everything they could find.

It turned out to be a really nice way to spend a day of Christmas Break...who would have thought.

No comments: