Sunday, January 30, 2011

3rd Grade Concert Night...

Big night for the 3rd graders last week. It was the 3rd Grade Music Concert. There was singing, and dancing, and instrument playing. I'm sure it was not an easy feet to organize 150+ third graders to do all of those things.

Ben...can you find him??

Drew...looking cool, as usual.

Jack is all ready to go.

And, just for the record, I took those pictures, from my seat, over the span of about 10 seconds. If you were there, you know what I'm talking about.... after the kids came in, about 50 crazy parents rushed up to the front of the gym to get pictures and stood there for a long enough to take about 100 pictures. The vice-principal finally had to make them all sit down. She even gave them a count down...like the kind I give to Charlie when his time is up "playing trains". "Ok (freaky) parents, you are all going to have to sit down when I get to five...1-2-3-4-5. Time to sit down now so that we can get started." It was craziness. I really regret not getting a picture of that mad scene!

Back to the singing and dancing...and cute 3rd graders...
...and instrument playing too.




The classes came down 2 at a time to "star" in a couple of songs. I don't think Ben liked being front and center. He was adorable, but see how he is looking off to the side. He did that the entire time that he was up front. After 30 seconds or so, he would smile a little and slowly move his head to the other side.


Quite a different story from the last time he was on stage singing...at VBS last summer.
Yup, during that concert, he directed one of these faces at me, right from the middle of the stage while singing his sweet Bible songs.
These concerts are always a good show.

No comments: