Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard 2011

Snowmageddon
Snowcalypse
Blizzaster
The Groundhog Dump
SnOMG
Tsnowami
This storm is cracking me up!!


I hate winter...I am so done with it. It is so cold, and gray, and yucky, and blah. But, this storm has brought some excitement into a cold, gray, dark winter. Snow days all around tomorrow. No work, no school, no activites...no where to be at all! It's a nice change.

Since we had nothing to do tonight, after dinner, we went outside to experience "Blizzard 2011" first hand. This was about 4 hours into the expected 24 hour long blizzard.


Actually, the snow hasn't been that bad at all...it is the wind that is making it crazy. I don't think that I've ever felt wind that strong...it was hard to stand up. So, we decided to walk to the park.

The slide was extra slippery!! It was pretty funny watching all 5 of my guys come shooting out of the bottom of the slide one at a time. It's too bad that I couldn't get the timing right on my camera.

The walk home was a little more difficult than the walk to the park. Charlie struggled with his short legs in the growing drifts. I wouldn't call him a fan of the blizzard, but he did like the extra slippery slide.

Stay safe...and warm...and off of Lake Shore Drive!!


No comments: