Friday, May 15, 2009

So, I'm at Target today...

It seems like I start a lot of stories that way. Hmmm...

Anyway, Charlie and I made our (almost) daily stop at Target to pick a few things up today. Our Target is a "Super Target" so, I do all of my grocery shopping there. I like it because the prices are pretty reasonable, I know where everything is and if I need any non-grocery stuff, I can get it all in one stop.

So today, we needed frozen chicken. No problem, I buy frozen chicken all of the time at Target. I go to where the chicken usually is and there was no chicken. No chicken at all...no frozen chicken breasts, no frozen chicken nuggets, no chicken at all. Instead of chicken, there was seafood. Ok, no problem, the chicken has to be somewhere cold. I'm sure that I can find it.

So, I walk up and down the freezer section aisles. I didn't see the chicken anywhere. I was about to walk over to where the seafood used to be to check there. Before I did, there was a Target lady stocking shelves in the freezer section. I decided to stop and ask her about the chicken before I walked 1/2 way up to the front of the store to where the seafood used to be just to find out that I missed it in the freezer section. The Target lady took me to where I first looked and said that is where is should be. Of course, it wasn't there. She then proceeded to tell me that Target must have discontinued it. Huh? Target...(the grocery store Target!) discontinued chicken...like, all of it?!?! I kind of laughed...I thought she was joking....she wasn't. Hmmm....I asked her if it was possible if they just switched it with where the seafood used to be. She said "no" because of some Market Pantry mumbo jumbo. Then, she told me that I could look over by the seafood if I *wanted*, but she was pretty sure it was discontinued. She proceed to tell me that she noticed that some chicken had been clearanced last week and that usually when they clearance an item, it means that they were getting ready to discontinue it. Ok, fine, I get that, but we are talking about CHICKEN!!

I did end up checking and needless to say, Target does still sell chicken. Whew! But, if you happen to shop at my Target, it is now located where the seafood used to be.

This public service announcement was brought to you by...

:)

6 comments:

Cathy said...

And...... ???

LOL!!

Did you get completely wet and went back into the wrong car? ;)

Kelly said...

HaHa!! Why, is that what happened to you??? I just hit the wrong button, all fixed now.

Cathy said...

I love you too Kelly!! ;) LOL!!

Jennifer said...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I care more about Drew and the arm/ math accomplishment than your chicken... Let's go, chop-chop... I would like to see some pictures of my little guy too!!! Thanks!

Cathy said...

LOL!!! I would have to agree with Jennifer! LOL!!

Katie said...

next time be sure you take your camera to Target to get a shot of Charlie with that really smart Target employee - she sounds like a piece of work - no chicken? haha...