Thursday, December 27, 2007

Roomba vs. Moonsand

I got a Roomba a few weeks ago and it is turning into my new best friend. I love my Roomba. It is a robotic vacuum cleaner. It is so cool. I turn it on and leave the room and it goes to work and when it is finished, it finds it's little home-base and recharges itself. I know that I got my money's worth out of it just in the boys' room. Their room is so taken up by beds that I can't even fit my regular vacuum between the beds. Not my little Roomba, it zigzagged back and forth under their beds for hours getting 2+ years of dust bunnies out from under their beds. An added bonus is that I am so productive with other household chores when the Roomba is working on a room. I guess I must feel a bit of guilt having the Roomba up there working so hard and me downstairs blogging or something. Pretty soon my house is going to be so nice and clean and organized. ;) So cool!!!

Now about the Moonsand, Ben wanted Moonsand for Christmas. From the moment I heard it, I knew it was a bad idea. Sand just does not belong in the house. Unfortunately, it was Ben that asked Santa for the Moonsand. I begged Ben to be naughty the last few weeks before Christmas so that Santa wouldn't bring the Moonsand. Unfortunately, Ben just doesn't have enough naughtiness in him and Santa brought the Moonsand. The boys used the Moonsand for the first time yesterday. I don't get how this can be advertised as "not messy". Of course it was messy. How do you play with sand, in the house and not make a mess? In fact, I had the boys play with the Moonsand in the basement because I was worried that sand would not be good for my newly refinished hardwood floors. After they were finished playing and finished at their attempt at cleaning up the Moonsand, they played on my computer for a while. This stupid stuff is so messy that the next time I went to use my computer, the mouse wasn't working well at all. I turned it over and the bottom of it was covered with Moonsand! I don't think that I am particularly anal about messes, but, on the other hand, I am not particularly fond of toys that require longer adult cleanup time than child play time.

Here are a couple pictures of the boys enjoying their new Moonsand...don't they look like they are having fun! Be sure not to miss the sand on the floor. Don't let the pretty color distract you, it is still SAND.



So, tonight there is going to be a battle of Roomba vs. Moonsand. May the best "toy" win!!!

Go Roomba!!!

No comments: