Thursday, March 26, 2009

We don't want to get sick!!!

Tomorrow is the last day of school before spring break. For 3 kids that have only missed a total of 2.5 days of school all year, we have had lousy luck with sicknesses over breaks. Remember the start of last spring break??? Really though, every time there are a bunch of days off of school, we get some icky virus and have to spend all of the "school holidays" at home, doing nothing. I really don't like doing nothing....probably because "doing nothing" is not really like "doing nothing" for me...staying home and "doing nothing" is exhausting and leaves my house looking like a tornado went through it.

I keep waiting to see some snot, or for someone to puke, or get a fever, or something else gross and yucky. Everyone around us is sick...we are completely surrounded by it. The other day, Ben came home from school and was telling me that at the beginning of the day 2 kids were absent, but then someone puked in art, and then someone else puked somewhere else, and then somebody else went home because they were sick. I almost didn't want to send the kids back to school for the rest of the week....we're all healthy and would really like to stay that way. Do you think that I scared Ben when I said "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING AT SCHOOL!!!".

We don't have really big plans for spring break, but there are a bunch of things that we would like to do. We are going to Key Lime Cove one night next week. The boys are so excited!!! They told me today that if they get sick, they are not going to tell me because they still want to go to Key Lime Cove. Hmmm....do you think I'll be able to figure out if someone is sick?

So, please wish us luck...one more day of fighting off tough 1st grade germs....I really hope we can do it.

Happy Spring Break!!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

PLEASEEEEEE!!! Don't get sick!!

I am just getting over my cold and I am coming over for a few days to paint.. and I don't want to get sick again! LOL!!

I will keep my fingers crossed that no one catches anything.. at least not from me! LOL!!

See you tomorrow! ;)

Jennifer said...

Good luck. I now truly understand how much you don't want to see a booger... sick kids is NO FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

I will sanitize before I come over, but we are pretty lucky over here not catching germs, If we (meaning the kids , me and Bob on the other hand can be wiped out easily) do catch something it only stays for a day or two , hope I didn't jinx us. I hope our luck rubs off on ya!