Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Monday!!!



NOT!!!

It's Monday morning. I'm feeling competely overwhelmed by all of the things that I have to do this week.

When I was working, I thought only people that went to school and had jobs had Monday Morning Blahs. When the boys were little and Monday morning came, I realized that Monday mornings were still tough because, of course, Spencer went back to work and I was on my own for another busy week with 3 babies.

If you still have young triplets, you might not want to read this. BUT..... life is still REALLY busy!! I have so much to do. Sure, I have 6.5 hours without 3/4's of my boys, but I'm finding that the work that comes with having them in first grade is filling up that time REALLY quickly. And, there is no getting anything done between 4pm and 8:15pm. That is when we are in survival mode...Between homework, reading time, dinner, soccer practice, birthday parties, religious ed, Cub Scouts, and CHARLIE!, life is NUTSO!!

I am in no way saying that life is harder than when the boys were babies, but at least when the boys were babies, I didn't do much else. If I had dinner on the table in the evening, clean and fed babies, and the house looking descent, I was a miracle worker as far as everyone else was concerned. Now, I really can't sent my kids to Cub scouts without their patches sewn on, I can't send them to school without their homework done, or without a lunch, or in pj's because it is "laundry day" and I can't really avoid volunteering to help with some of their activites. That, in addition to the fact that my house is absolutely trashed, we have no groceries, my potted flowers are dying of thirst, I haven't finished putting away the laundry from Friday and I have a "fresh" batch of stinkie clothes ready to be attacked, it is going to be a very busy week. How do people that have *real* jobs do this???

Ok, I feel better. I'm ready to attack my week. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally get it! And I don't even have a little one at home...unless you count the dog. Where does time fly? I have a million more things to do and only an hour left!

Anonymous said...

Are you peeking in my window to get ideas for your blog?

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I only have 2 and I don't know how I ever did anything when I only had 1 and was working---That is why I don't work out of the home any more. I am playing 10 years of catch up while still trying to tackle the daily stuff. Manic Mondays will be forever!