Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Missed that lesson...

This picture came in the mail today. It is actually a nice glossy print. I'm not quite sure what I am going to do with it, but there you go.





I really thought that the boys knew McCain and Palin were. Ummmm....I was wrong.


Me: "Hey Ben, look at this picture, do you know who these people are?"


Ben: "yeah, that is Aunt Elaine and Uncle Rick".

Me: "umm.....ok. Drew, who is this in the picture?"

Drew: "Ben, that's not Aunt Elaine and Uncle Rick!"

Me: "well, who is it Drew?"

Drew: "well, I think that guy is St. Andrew, but I don't know who that lady is."

Ok, I told Ben and Drew that it was John McCain and Sarah Palin. Thank goodness they knew that McCain was "trying to be President".

Jack was not home at that time so, I asked him when he got home.

Jack: "Well, that lady is definitely Aunt Jeannine, but I don't know who that guy is".

Well, it was late and we had just gotten home from religious education. I knew this was going to be great material for a blog post so, I encouraged him to "guess who the guy was".
Jack: "well, I guess the father".

Me: "the father?, who's father?"

Jack: "you know, God!, *The* Father!"

Ok, I guess that we'll be working on a little social studies at home this week and maybe we'll throw some religious studies in too. ;)

2 comments:

The Wright Trips said...

Oh my gosh..I'm dying! How funny & cute!

Jennifer said...

Your boys are just too funny!
I'm not sure how to comment on your "Oprah Position" (to the right of your posts) since it's not actually a post, but I couldn't agree with you more. I am very disappointed in the way that Oprah is dealing with the election. So much so, I felt I had to delete her show (one of my favorites!!!) from my DVR :-(.