Thursday, January 15, 2009

For the Florida Snow Birds to enjoy...

It is 20 degrees below zero today...they say that with the wind chill, it feels like -41. They cancelled school today because it is "too dangerous" to go out. So, here is what 41 degrees below zero looks like from my windows...look at that pretty blue sky...grrrr. You can even see the tippy-top of my mailbox that almost got completely buried. Have I mentioned that I HATE winter?!?!?!?!




This is what -41 degrees looks like on the inside....pj's still on at 10:30am. I need a plan or this 5 day weekend is going to be sooooo long.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo glad we decide this was the year to go to FL. I thought December was bad. It is really chilly today for FL. The high is 67 with the low 42. it is kinda funny with everyone staying inside and if the go out wearing winter coats. You know, you can always come down for a visit!!! Elaine

Lea said...

Holy crackers its cold there!!! And here I was miffed at our 45 high and our 22 low today! It sure feels painfully cold to me. How are you surviving? As I type, I am sporting thermal long johns under flannel PJ pants with one of DH's heay sweatshirts AND the heater is set to 75!!! I'm snuggling under a comfy blanket with BBW "Sofest socks ever" on my feet! I am still miserably cold. Brrrrr....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharin' Kelly! Couldn't you post some nice tropical pictures for all of us that are suffering with you? It's a whole -16 at 10 a.m. We're warming up! My kids stayed in their p.j.s all day yesterday and probably will today too! Sending warm thoughts your way!

Michelle