Sunday, December 7, 2008

Overheard decorating the tree... (UPDATED)

Edited to add one more funny conversation....

#1

Spencer: "Look Drew, you should put this one on the tree."

Drew: "I remember that...I made it in preschool!!! That doesn't look like me now!!!"

Spencer: "What do you mean it doesn't look like you?"

Drew: "In the picture, I have these little eyes, that look...like....weird on my face."

#2


I was sitting on the couch with Jack in the family room when Drew came running in. Drew had been working on putting up ornaments with Spencer and came across an ornament that looked like a football field and it had my name on it. Drew asked Spencer about it and Spencer laughed and told him to ask me about it. The reason that my mom and dad gave me this ornament was because Spencer and I met when we both played on the same football team for the Chicago Social Club. I thought the boys knew that. Apparently, I was wrong.
Drew: "Mom, why do you have this football Christmas ornament with your name on it?"
Me: "Well, do you know how I met Daddy?"
Jack, our huge sports fan, was so excited: "YOU MET DADDY WHEN HE WAS PLAYING *COLLEGE* FOOTBALL!!!!!"
I laughed so hard!!! Jack watches and cheers for Spencer's alma mater, Penn State, every week. He thought that when Spencer called Penn State "his team", he literally meant *his* team.
I'm still laughing!!! I can't wait to put up the rest of the ornaments. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had so much fun putting up the ornaments---Claire throws up her arms "touchdown" every time she sees anything that has to do with football---she would have fit in well wit hthat conversation.