Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kinda Sappy...

When I was picking out a Mother's Day card for my mom on Saturday, I found the perfect card for her. The card said something to the effect of

"Mom, when I was growing up, you made it seem like being a mom was the best job in the whole world...".

Isn't that cool!! How lucky for Jen and I to be the daughters of someone that thought being a mom was the best thing ever! I hope that my kids think that about me when they are all grown up. I hope they are not like...."when I was growing up, my mom couldn't wait for us to go to bed so she could write embarassing stories about us on the internet". Or, "my mom was so happy when we started 1st grade and ate lunch at school because we were really messy eaters and cleaning the floor was my mom's least favorite job." . Or, "my mom and dad went to Dinsey World WITHOUT us!".

The truth of the matter is that I DO think that being a mom is the best job in the world and I feel very honored and blessed to have it. I also know that the days that I am living right now are the ones that I will forever remember and want to re-visit in years to come. Even now when I look at pictures of my big boys as babies, I cannot believe how fast the time has gone.

Cute, Cute, Cute!

Now, they will be done with kindergarten in 3 weeks. Next year is ALL-DAY 1st grade! I can't believe that. Time goes so fast!

It would be nice if I had a daily reminder that I do have the best job in the world and to appreciate each day. I want my boys to know that I am excited to see them when they wake up in the mornings (well, most mornings...Monday through Friday, I am definitely excited to see them, Saturdays and Sundays, I would be more excited if it was a bit later) and that I am excited when they come out of school in the afternoon. I love watching them do their Karate moves and shout them in Korean, I love watching them perform in their piano concerts, I love listening to their important conversations with eachother and I love watching them give Charlie some of their valuable time and love.

Lately, I have especially been lovin' watching them ride their scooters home from school and feeling sorta sentimental. As they ride, I walk behind with the stroller and admire them. It really has been striking me the last few days how lucky and blessed we are. Here I am watching my 3 perfect, happy (and very cute) little boys ride their scooters. It is definitely a proud feeling. After worrying about them being born prematurely and worrying about their health and worrying about walking and talking and everything else under the sun, here they are smart, happy, nice little boys that are oh-so-good on those scooters.

Really, I don't want them to stay little boys forever. They are the coolest little people and it is so fun to watch them grow and learn. There is a big part of me that wants to keep them young, but there is a part, that is just as big, that can't wait for them to grow up and to meet the men that they will turn out to be. Spencer and I look forward to the day that they come home to our big dining room table with their families and talk about their lives and adventures. Won't that be cool?!?!?! It will be cool....kind of like tonight's dinner when the conversation was about the guest lists for their 6th birthday party.

Life is good...

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I can't wait to see these boys grow up to be men! It should be fun and cute to see how these men grow up and start a life of their own... and how big their family will be... and how many grandkids you will have! Can you beat grandpa's 7??? LOL!! I got my mother's a cute and rather funny card and she loved it. She said she laughed so much!! Happy Mother's Day to you all!!