Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My dad is the coolest!!!

Ready for the zoo.
May 6, 2007

Spencer called me at lunch time yesterday. We were talking about how nice it was outside. I told him that he should play hooky and come home because it is such a nice day. We actually have this same conversation quite often. I guess the conversation is sort of our own little joke...I tell him that he should play hooky from work...he tells me how important he is at work and couldn't possible leave (well, not in those exact words, but I know how to read between the lines) and the conversation continues...blah...blah...blah. Well, this time when I suggested that he play hooky, he surprised me by pausing. He really seemed to be thinking about it. He told me that he needed to check a few things and then he would call me back. Sure enough, he called me back and was on his way home.


So, how does "Dad of the Year" decided to spend a rare, sunny, beautiful, Tuesday afternoon away from work. Maybe the golf course?, maybe a nap?, maybe the Foundry?, maybe the mall (oops, that'd be me)...nope, this "Dad of the Year" decides to take his three eldest children to the zoo. What a guy!! They all had a great time. I even had a rare 2+ hours of peace and quiet in the house while Charlie took a nap. It was a nice afternoon for all of us.



Our dad might be "Dad of the Year",
but mom usually reads the map.
I guess it's up to us if we ever want to get home again.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Way to go, Dad! There must be something in the air (maybe Mothers' Day?)...Stan called and said he was picking the girls up from school, so I didn't have to rush home from work yesterday!

Katie said...

Spencer looks very happy - what a great way to spend a hookey afternoon. He looks almost more excited than the boys.