Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cousin A and Cousin B are home!

Liam and Aidan got released from the hospital yesterday. Yay!!! Connor is still in the hospital just to grow a bit. He'll be joining his brothers at home very soon. I think he is the smart one. He is letting his brothers test the water and teach mom and dad a few things before he decides to join them at home.

Spencer got tickets to the Bulls vs. 76ers game from his mom for his birthday. The game was last night. We left the boys with a sitter and had a great Friday date night. Unfortunately, the Bulls were on the receiving end of some miserable calls (IMO ;-) ) and ended up losing the game after having a big lead...at least the birthday boy was happy. Yes, his birthday was like a month ago and we are still celebrating! I swear he gets a whole darn birthday season! Anyway, I couldn't help but think about Jen and Craig as we were driving home last night. It was about 11:00 and we were tired. I was thinking about how we were going home to a quiet house with 4 little boys all sleeping soundly in their beds. I was looking forward to climbing in my bed and going to sleep....until morning. Then, I thought of Jen and Craig. I have to admit that I did chuckle a bit, in my head, about how their night was probably just getting started. LOL!!

Our boys were released from the hospital one at a time. Ben was the first one home at 17 days old. We got home with him about 8:30pm. That little 4 pound stinker did not got to sleep until 4am the next morning. The poor little guy was probably so scared...but really, he couldn't have been any more scared than I was the next morning. We had Ben outnumbered 2:1 and he totally whipped us. We were so exhausted and completely clueless. The thought that we had two more babies at the hospital getting very close to coming home to us was definitely an overwhelming thought. The good news is that we survived and Jen and Craig will too.

I did talk to my sister this morning and she said the first night went pretty well. She said that her and Craig made some "rookie mistakes", but the babies did very well! Yay!!!

I don't have any pictures of the new cousins. My boys have been on-and-off sick this week and I have a feeling that we are not going to be let anywhere near the new babies any time soon. So, I'll take this opportunity to post some pictures from when my own 'Baby A' and 'Baby B' got released from the NICU.


June 14, 2002
Let the fun Begin!

Ben (Baby A) leaving the hospital
June 14, 2002

Jack (Baby B) leaving the hospital

June 19, 2002

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your to sister and her DH on bringing two home!!! Your post brought back memories. I, too, had a laugh about you going home to 4 sleeping kids...while your sister has 2 newborns at home. Those days seems soooo long ago. I can't believe I'm going to have 6 year olds very soon.

Michelle

P.S. We had the same car seats!

Kelly said...

Thanks Michelle! You are so sweet to always post on my blog. I can't believe all of our kids are going to be 6! How did that happen!

Take care.