Sunday, April 20, 2008

Livin' the Good Life

Well, tomorrow morning Spencer and I are off to Naples, Florida for 3 days. Spencer's company has an annual seminar (schmoozefest) that they plan for their clients. It is usually held in Chicago and they do lots of fun things in the city. This year, they decided to have it at a resort in Naples. His company is sending less employees, but the people that they are sending are encouraged to bring their spouses. Apparently, Spencer is really important at work!!! Yay me!!!

Since my parents have been busy with the new babies and they watched the boys for us when we went to Orlando in November, we hired my friend Cathy to watch the boys for the 3 days. Ben, Jack & Drew are pretty excited. Jack said "Yay, my silly God-mother is coming". I know they will all have lots of fun and the boys don't seem upset or stressed at all that we are leaving. Charlie, on the other hand, took one look at Cathy tonight and started screaming. I was really surprised because she came to visit a couple of weeks ago and he was very comfortable with her. It is like he knew that we were leaving. I hope he doesn't give her too much trouble...I think he is going to be a bit angry in the morning.

So, send a couple of prayers for a safe journey for us, if you don't mind. I hate flying. I know the odds are slim, but I always worry about crashing. Our flight is 7am...ugh! Can't wait to feel that Florida sun though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers done ! oh and I have no doubt Charlie and Cathy will be best buds in no time. I know Cathy and kids. Rachel still remembers "Cat" and asks to visit her. Have a wonderful time, all of you!

Cathy said...

Awww.. thank Tash! I know I owe you guys a visit...it's long over due since I need to see the new baby. :) As Kelly said... I was surprised that Charlie screamed at me and I thought it would be best for me to leave the room. LOL!! But I am sure Charlie and I will become buddies!