Friday, April 25, 2008

We're Back

Oh boy, are we back! We had a great trip. I'll post more about that later.

Yesterday was such a crazy day. I knew it was going to be nuts because we had so many things on the calendar, but it was definitely a 'Calgon, take me away.....again' kind of day. I am finding that there is no easing back into this job as a mom. I better be ready to be a mom again as soon as I walk in the door.

Yesterday, our day started out busy. A neighbor dropped off her little boy a little before 8:00 to walk to school with us. I'm glad that I remembered that he was coming because at 8am, I usually have 1/2 dressed little boys running around upstairs. We did manage to get the baths in and everyone dressed before he showed up. It took us FOREVER to walk to school because dandelions have started to come up and the 4 boys were having a competition to see how many they could each get.

When Charlie and I got back home, we threw in some laundry and then went to the store to grab the essential groceries to get us through the next couple of days. Then, we rushed home, unloaded the groceries and walked back up to school to meet Spencer in the parking lot. I had Ben's annual review meeting for speech and Spencer played with Charlie at the park. When the meeting was over, I went out the front door of the school and ran over to the side door to pick up Charlie and meet the boys as they were coming out. Unfortunately, for me, all of the dandelions had not yet disappeared so, it was another slow walk home for the boys and the neighbor friend.

Charlie's naptime was filled with laundry, piano practice and sewing patches on karate uniforms. Sewing patches took a lot longer than I expected. When Charlie got up, it was time to bring Ben to a birthday party. After dropping Ben off, the rest of us then rushed home to have time for Drew to take his turn practicing the piano, me to finish sewing on karate patches and eat dinner...all in 45 minutes. To say that did not go well is a major understatement! During that 45 minutes Jack and Drew were both in tears at some point. I swear that I wasn't even being mean....Jack has a cold and both of them were GRUMPY! Grrrr....

We went to pick Ben up. He had to leave the party 5 minutes early because we had to go to karate graduation. You wouldn't think that would be a big deal, but of course, it was. Ben's eyes started to get all watery because I told him that we had to go. It was 5 stinkin' minutes early! At what age does all of this crying end?!?!?! Luckily, he recovered quickly and we left.

Karate graduation was nice except it was obvious that the boys were pretty tired. Drew especially was having a difficult time focusing and kept trying to relax. Relaxing on the floor is not exactly appropriate for karate. Charlie was also quite tired and wiggly. We were supposed to do the 4:30 graduation, but did the 6:30 because of the birthday party. By the time it was over, it was bedtime. Thankfully, the boys all "graduated" and got new belts...white with an orange stripe.

Spencer took Charlie home and I was driving the van with the boys. I was thinking about how relieved I was that the day was over and we survived. Jack, apparently, was also thinking about our day. He said "wow, we did a lot today". I responded "yes Jack, we did do a lot today". He then says "What a great day!!!". I about passed out. ;)

2 comments:

Cathy said...

LOL!!! This is what happens when you leave them with me for three days!! I left all the craziness for you. LOL!! I had a great time with the boys for the past three days. It was great to spend time with them and see how much they have grown since the last time I saw them. As you were worried about Charlie... I think we became good buddies. I thought it was cute when you guys came home and gave him a hug, Charlie walked back to me. I don't know if it was for support since he hasn't seen you in 3 days or if he just wanted his bedtime milk that I was holding. LOL!! BTW... Nice tan Kelly!! Trying to make me jealous! :)

Anonymous said...

AHH, right back in the swing of things! The tears never stop, I mean I still cry(:So did Jack's comment change your opinion of the day??