Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Conquering those winter blahs

The boys got a jumphouse from Santa a couple of years ago. It takes up a lot of room so, it is not something that we have out all of the time, but I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago and we are getting a lot of use out of it!! I don't think that Spencer is going to be thrilled with this month's electric bill, but at least we are surviving these long, dark, cold, winter afternoons.

The boys have been working on their flips (glorified summersalts). Today, Ben and Jack were convinced they were doing backwards flips. I was trying to explain to them that they were not backwards flips because they were still going frontwards. I told them that for it to be backwards, they would have to bring their feet over their heads and push themselves over with their hands. They told me that "nobody could do that, it is impossible". Well, I just couldn't let that go. I demonstrated on the hard basement floor that it was not impossible....stupid, but not impossible. My poor neck. :( And, believe me, they were less than amazed.


Winter makes these crazy boys a bit CRAZIER!!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! A mom that can do back handsprings - now that I gotta see!

Kelly said...

Oh, no, you've misunderstood. Mine was just a backwards summersault. Sorry I wasn't clear. They were calling them backflips. I could never do a backflip.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clarifying. I, too, thought you did a back-flip.