Saturday, January 12, 2008

Triplet Mommy in Training...

When I was looking through my old pictures for yesterday's entry, I came across this one. This is Aunt Jen (27w3d-now, not in the picture!!!!!) with my boys when they were about 8 months old. I think she'll do just fine. ;)

January 2003
I've been talking to my sister quite a bit recently about our experiences when the boys were born and very young. Apparently, reality is starting to set in for her. ;) Anyway, it is pretty neat for me to have such a captive audience while I relive my memories. We were talking about the early days of sleep deprivation the other day. I did not meet any other triplet moms until the boys were about 6 months old and I discovered Triplet Connection about that same time. So, the early days, it was just Spencer and I whinging the whole triplet thing. We were so tired. I never did figure out how to feed more than one baby at a time. It took about 1/2 hour to feed Ben and Jack and anywhere from 1/2 hour to an hour to feed Drew. They all ate every 3 hours, around the clock, for months. Did I mention that we were tired?! I was telling my sister that it was a nightly occurrence at our house for one of us (Spencer or myself) to wake up frantically during the night and tear apart our bed because we were sure that there was a baby in there and we had suffocated him. It was so ridiculous because we never brought a baby into our bed. But, we were so tired, I don't think our minds could keep track of when we were up feeding and when we were asleep. It definitely was a crazy time, but we survived and the new Mommy and Daddy will survive too. Good thing God made those tiny babies are so darn cute!

July 2002


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am the perfect student NOW... I only wish I watched you and Spencer more closely when you were in the midst of the baby years. I do, however, remember the lesson you taught me about NEVER waking a sleeping baby w/o a really good reason... and a bored auntie who wants to play with one of her nephews does not constitute as a good reason. It really does make sense now :-).