Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Game Night


Every night of the week is Game Night in our house. Well, except Thursday. ;)

Spencer has been playing games with the boys almost every night for the last couple of years. He started as soon as they were really able to grasp the concept of a board game. He has so much patience!!! I've probably played about 1/50th the amount of Candyland and Chutes and Ladders than Spencer has and I am so grateful to him for that! Those games are kind of annoying. I know that those games are/were age appropriate and good for them and blah, blah, blah, but can be tough to sit through. It is also not easy organizing three 3-year olds or three 4-year olds, or even sometimes three 5-year olds to sit down to learn to play a game. Spencer is awesome at it and they have have so much fun and have learned so much!! Now they are moving on to more fun games like Monopoly Jr., Yahtzee, Sorry and even The Game of Life. I wonder if they'll let me play sometimes now, I loved that game when I was little. Tonight, Game Night went to a whole different level when they ended up playing the game that Spencer got from my dad for Christmas, Golden Tee! How cool did they think that was!!

01/02/08 - Notice Drew's "I made a good shot" pose

I think it is so nice that Spencer does this with them so often. The boys absolutely love it and they are getting so much out of it and having so much fun with their Daddy. Every once in a while, I thank Spencer for playing with them. It really is a nice break for me and some nights I REALLY appreciate it. The jist of his response is usually that he enjoys it and how he can't help but think that one of these days, they will have better things to do than play games with dad. The boys are really lucky to have him for their daddy and I hope that they will remember the game nights with daddy forever.


1 comment:

Mishelle said...

That is such a nice memory for the boys....what a great dad!!