Saturday, January 19, 2008

Smart and Sneaky!!!

Here is some work that Drew brought home from school last Friday. I was pretty impressed. The class is learning the word "to" as their new sight word. I am not eactly sure what the directions for his assignment were, but it was something along the lines of practicing writing their new word.

A copy of Drew's work is below.

On the front of the paper, Drew wrote: "My family went to school and the McDonalds's PlayPlace and then Piano lessons and rellay rellay rellay rellay last of all is to my house"





On the back of the paper, Drew wrote: "I went to Grandmom and Grandpa's house" Then he drew a picture.

Drew's teacher was obviously happy with his work because she wrote a big "Awesome!" in orange crayon. When we were going through Drew's backpack, I saw his work and told him what a great job I thought he did. He was like "whatever". Well, apparently even though Mr. Smarty Pants acts all cool, it turns the praise is very important to him.

This is another piece of school work that Drew brought home a few days later. I was flipping through all of the stuff that the boys had brought home from school and noticed it said "Nice Job" on it. A few minutes later I happened to give it a second look and wondered what was so "nice" about it to make his teacher stop and comment. I looked closer at the writing and realized that Drew had taken it upon himself to write "Nice Job". It sorta made me laugh. It is a very nice job Drew and I am so glad that you are proud of yourself!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too Funny! Drew even underlined "Nice Job" three times, just like his teacher :-).