Friday, January 11, 2008

People can be so rude!

I have always heard friends of mine complain about receiving unsolicited parenting advice. I don't really remember anyone being so bold with me when the boys were younger. I always thought that maybe it was because I must look like I have a bit of a 'Mommy Attitude' that people just didn't want to mess with. When I started going places with just Charlie, I realized that either my 'mommy attitude' isn't what is used to be or there was a different reason that people left me alone.

I cannot believe the rude things that people say to moms. This morning, Charlie and I were running errands. On the way into Target, some middle-aged (OLDER THAN ME!) guy, felt the need to shout to me from about 20 feet away "that kid needs a hat!". Who says things like that to people that they don't know!?!?! It was 37 degrees outside, we were parked 3 cars from the front of the store and Charlie was wearing a turtle-neck, overalls and a bulky winter coat that had a hood. Unfortunately for my mommy ego, Charlie thought it was a funny game to keep leaning his head back to knock down his hood. To top it off, this guy looked like he didn't have a clue how to take care of a baby. He looked like he was a 45 year old bachelor that drives a truck. Did I look that incompetent as a mother, a job that I have been doing all day, every day for the last 5,1/2 years, that some guy has to tell me that it is cold out?!?!?! How rude!

Last spring, Charlie pulled off his socks and shoes constantly. I always put socks on him when we were going somewhere but he would always pull them off. I would put them in my purse while we were in stores and then put them back on him when we were leaving. I could not believe the number of strangers that would make comments to me about him not having anything on his feet and not nice, friendly comments either. Some people are so mean and bold and probably need to get a hobby or a job! ;)

Obviously, I don't have any cute pictures to go with the theme of my post today. So, I thought I would just add a few old pictures for fun.

September 2003

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I totally get this one. Hadley freaks about wearing a coat in her carseat. Instead, if we are going on a quick errand like dropping the girls at school, I warm up the car, and take the coat up front. Every day the preschool director points out that she doesn't have a coat on.... ( In my 70 degree car) Uh yeah I know.....