Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Gloves

It is January 21st and it is 9 degrees outside. There is not a chance that winter is going to end any time soon. Why is it almost impossible to find mittens or gloves for little boys? The boys have misplaced a couple of mittens this winter and our old backups have seen better days. We cannot be the only family in Chicago that needs new gloves.

So, Charlie and I started out our kindergarten *free* time with a purpose. We went to Target first this morning because I love Target, its fun, and ours is a SuperTarget. So, in addition to the gloves that the boys desperately needed, I could also get all of our groceries and new socks and undershirts for the boys. Target turned out to be a bust for gloves. They had lots of girls stuff and some baby stuff and some adult stuff, but the pickings for young boys were pretty slim. There was nothing in the boys' size, or even close to their size. I couldn't be too choosy considering it is "off season" (?). I did see some cute swimming trunks though, but, I was a good girl and stayed on track...no bathing suits today.

Charlie and I continued our morning adventure, in the freezing cold and snow, by heading over to the mall. I went to Children's Place, Gymboree, GapKids, Sears and Macy's. This picture is the boys modeling the gloves that I ended up with from Sears.



The good news is that they were on sale, the bad news is that they are HUGE!! Needless to say, the boys did not last out in the snow for very long. They tried sledding down our hill a few times, but gloves came off, there were tears and it wasn't pretty. I guess that I should have just paid the stupid $15/pair and ordered the LLBean ones when I got their coats and hats. Grrr....

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Nah- 15 dollar gloves always walk off on their own. They jump out of the car, and make you crazy. I bought Ian about 20 pairs of the stretch gloves at Jewel 2 for $1. When they get wet, he gets a new pair, all the same color so you can match them no matter what. You are right plenty of Easter Candy, no winter stuff....