Monday, June 9, 2008

I LOVE Salsa!!!

And, after trying every kind of salsa out there. I finally found the very BEST salsa at a Tupperware party that I went to last year. The Tupperware Lady (Michele) was talking about the Quick Chef and she said that she makes the best salsa in her Quick Chef and would be happy to give her recipe to anyone that bought one. I was all over that! As I said, I LOVE salsa and thought it would be so cool to make my own so that I could get it just the way I like it. Buying that Quick Chef was probably one of the best things that I ever got because the salsa is so yummy.
Tupperware Quick Chef


I've had a few people ask me for the recipe. I thought it would be a good idea to put it on here so, that way everyone who wants it can get it and if I lose my paper copy of the recipe, it is forever saved here on my blog. I'm sure that Michele won't mind me sharing this recipe as long as if you need a Quick Chef, order it through her. Here is a link to her site.


Quick Chef Easy Salsa

8 Plum Tomatoes - Quartered (I'm not knowledgable about tomatoes, but I couldn't find plum tomatoes the first time that I made this so, I just bought a package of "4 tomatoes" at SuperTarget. If you go to SuperTarget, you will see what I am talking about. I have no idea what kind of tomatoes they are, they just say "tomatoes" on the package and there is 4.)

1 Jalapeno Pepper - No seeds

1/4 Red Onion

Fresh Cilantro (She didn't specify how much, so I just put in....well....a lot. Again, if you are at Target, I buy the fresh cilantro in the package with the cilantro, in the dirt, and use about 1/2 of it.)


1 Teaspoon Sugar

1 Teaspoon Salt

1/2 Yellow/Orange Pepper

1/2 Fresh Lime - Juice (I use 2 Tablespoons of the RealLime juice)

Spin in Quick Chef periodically and then chill before serving.

It is really delicious with the Tostido's Lime Chips....Mmmmmmmmm......Ok, I'm getting hungry now. ;)

No comments: