Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Vacation Plans...

Today was the first official day of summer vacation. The boys had their 6 year checkup and a t-ball game tonight. I feel like we have quite a bit going on this summer and I am sure that the time will go by very quickly. I LOVE summer time!! I promise that I will never complain about the heat because I want to reserve the right to complain about the cold all winter. Here in Chicago, winter can pretty much be from Labor Day until Memorial Day. Spencer would tell me that I am exaggerating, and maybe I am exaggerating the fall end of winter, a bit, but he has to admit that spring is pretty non-existent here. Anyway, today was 88 degrees (per my van) and nice and sticky...just the way I like it!

As for our summer plans...

The boys have a week of "Safety Town" coming up the end of June.
They have a week of golf lessons next week.
They have a week of Vacation Bible School in August.

They will continue their piano lessons on Tuesday mornings at 9:35.
Swimming Lessons will be on Wednesday mornings at 9:30, I think.
Karate will continue on Mondays and Wednesdays at 4:30
And, T-Ball is Tuesday and Wedesday nights...Go Phillies!!!

Wow, when I type it all out, it sure looks like a lot! I think that t-ball will definitely keep us busy, but most of the other stuff is 1/2 hour or 45 minutes long. Other than the weeks where we will be a little extra busy with week-long stuff, I'm thinking that we will still have quite a bit of free time to play with friends and take little day trips to the zoo or wherever. We also spent a lot of time at the pool last summer and I'm hoping to do that again this summer. Since Charlie still naps on most days between 1-3:30, I scheduled a few morning things to jump-start our day so that we can get to the pool before Charlie is DONE(!).

Oh yeah, one more BIG plan for our schedule is our week in OC, NJ at the end of July....that can't come soon enough!!! Love that trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY kEL HOPE WE CAN SQUEEZE SOME TIME IN FOR A PLAYDATE OR 2. sOUNDS LIKE YOU WILL HAVE A FUNFILLED SUMMER. tHIS IS THE FIRST SUMMER WE DON'T HAVE ANY ACTIVITIES SCHEDULED. jUST A GOOD OLD FASHION SUMMER BREAK!